Each of the twilight books pays homage to a literary classic. For Twilight, Stephenie has said that Pride and Prejudice was the key inspiration. Pride and Prejudice is often described as a "romantic comedy". What parts of Twilight fit this. Describe the similarities between Elizabeth Bennet and Bella Swan; Fitzwilliam Darcy and Edward Cullen. What roles would the other characters play in a remake.
Sigh.I love the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, with Colin Firth. I think that Elizabeth and Bella are both smart women. I can't really find a parallel between Edward and Darcy. Maybe that they shun the heroine at the beginning.
-Stampin_maniac
I don't really see any parallel between Elizabeth and Bella except that they are the main female characters. Lizzy has feelings for others that I really don't see in Bella very often. The only one with Mr. Darcy and Edward is that they are both rich and handsome...and as stampin-maniac stated "shun the heroine at the beginning".
-Bookworm
I agree that Bella and Elizabeth are very different kinds of girls... although I think they are both perfectly happy without a man. I think they both are the kind of girls that don't "need" a boyfriend but then when they fall in love are ,obviously, totally devoted and at that point need that other person -although I think Elizabeth is much stronger about it. I don't think she would go into the despair Bella did. As far as Edward and Mr. Darcy I think the similarity is that they are both moody and seem kind of melancholy but still lovable.
-Annegirl
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment