Siegfried mentions that his parents gave them weird names. Do you think their names are weird?
Maybe Siegfried but I have to admit that I love the name Tristan. In Jr. High when I would list names I liked for future children (yes I did this) my boys were Scathe (yeah yeah) Xaviar ( I know) and Tristan ( I still like it!) and in high school they were Jackson and Tristan. Since then they have become Jackson, Gavin, and Tristan. The funny thing is I always loved it but I didn't know until the last few years that it is actually a really old fashioned name so it fits with my love of old fashioned names (ie Abigail, Cecily, etc) so maybe someday we'll have some boys and I can talk Doug into it.
-Annegirl
I didn't feel that the names were particularly weird! I like both names. When I hear the name Siegfried I always think of Germany. That's a common name there. Tristan sounds like an English name to me! (I didn't realize that you liked Tristan so much, annegirl!) Anyway, I think in the Dales the farmers had more plain, down-to-earth names so their names probably seemed a little "exotic"?!
-Bookworm
Now that we have names like Apple, Suri, Navaeh, etc..they don't seem that odd to me. And I like Tristan too except that I knew a kid named Tristan in college and he was kind of a jerk. Siegfried is ugly but that strange.
-G-mama
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment