Monday, February 16, 2009

Siegfried

Is Siegfried 'all there'? Referring to chapter 20 when he is talking to his new secretary about efficiency before and then after she sets up her system....

I'm not sure. He seems like a level headed guy some of the time but the way he interacts with people is just strange. Do this, no don't do that, do it this way, you're just what we needed, wait no I don't like it, go away.. I'd be so confused around him.
-Annegirl

Herriot just takes it in stride the way Siegfried is but it would drive me up a wall! At the end of the book James finally vents his anger at Siegfried in the discussion about the wedding. Still, it didn't do any good! I think Seigfried always turns things around to make himself look good no matter what and put the "blame" on the other person. I also thinks he speaks only for the moment and whatever is on his mind...and then has a horrible memory of what he has said afterwards!!
-Bookworm

A little strange but....He seems like a smart guy but I do agree that he likes to twist things around so that they are someone else's fault. He is a confusing character and it would so frustrating to never know if what you were doing was right. James did seem to know the best way to deal with it by just kind of letting it go (most of the time). I don't think he was crazy but maybe a little eccentric.
-G-Mama

0 comments: