Ani is stripped of her rightful crown by her mother, and forced into poverty and virtual slave labor by those who are hired to protect and care for her. While these life changes are traumatic and dramatic, in the end they prove to be good for Ani; she becomes a stronger, more insightful person and meets people she might not have otherwise. What does she learn about herself? What did she learn from those who befriended her? How might things have been different between Geric and Ani had she not gone through these trials?
Have you gone through trials in your life that you know have helped you in these ways?
She finds her "voice" and finds that she does have great strength and courage and can stand for right and face her enemies in order to do what is right. She found that she could finally really trust and be loved for who she is. She and Geric came to know and love each other before they knew what each was. This formed a true relationship instead of just being a forced one. Yes, I have gone through experiences that helped me to grow in understanding and strength, even when I was hurting very deeply inside.
-Bookworm
I believe that Ani thought she was weak because of the way she was treated by her mother and by Selia her entire life. Selia would get frustrated at her for not taking what she wanted (foreshadowing?) and her mother wouldn't allow her to be herself as well as , in the end, taking the crown from her which told her that she didn't trust her or believe her capable of ruling kildenree. Even on the journey she felt , at first, that her strength came from the handkerchief with her mothers blood on it rather than from herself. Becoming the Goose Girl, surviving in the forest, making friends because of who she was rather than her title, being good at things, learning her voices, and learning about what people were really like gave her the strength to overcome. I believe that if she had not gone through any of the things in between running away from Ungolad and his men and going before the King she would not have survived. Also she and Geric , I believe, would have fallen in love either way because they were right for each other but it would have taken more time and maybe neither one would have ever known for sure if the other loved them for themselves.
I think we have all been through terrible and trying times and have to remind ourselves during them that we are learning things. I have learned many lessons in my life because of mistakes I've made or things that have happened beyond my control. It is not a fun way to learn but I think sometimes we learn things the best when they are dramatic and we are forced to change and grow.
-Annegirl
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment