Friday, April 17, 2009

The Magic

Colin is convinced that something he calls "the magic" explains the wonders of the world. What do you think he means by the "magic"? Can you think of other ways to express the same idea?

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

There are so many words for the magic, but whatever you call it, I believe in it.

Faith might be one word for it. whether it be faith in God, or in nature, or in yourself.

Just believing and hoping are very powerful. There is so much power in positive thinking, and unfortunaltely in negative thinking as well as we saw with Colin when he thought he was dying.

sanya said...

Well put Julie. I agree!

Cheryl said...

I agree with Julie too. I think the 'magic' can be seen in all of our lives.. when someone reaches out to you just when you need it, when you find strength you didn't know you had, when you have an answer to a prayer you have been waiting for... I truly believe every day is filled with small and large miracles if we will notice them and I think that is 'magic'.

The Kings said...

"Magic" is feeling and seeing the beauty around, finding strength that you didn't know you had, perservering, feeling love and hope, accomplishing things you didn't know you could, and being able to be released from the fears and anger one has felt before. It must have been so liberating for Colin...and Mary...to leave behind the sad things in their lives that they had previously felt and feared and to really begin LIVING!! That must have felt like "magic".