Monday, February 16, 2009

The brothers

What's up with Siegfried and Tristan's relationship?

It's pretty crazy. I guess most siblings have a love/hate relationship at some point in their life but Siegfried seems to take it to extremes. It's interesting though to see how Tristan just kind of lets it slide off his back knowing that Siegfried will like him again later.
-Annegirl

Yes, I agree. I think they are both silently comfortable with each others foibles. Siegfried gets so angry with Tristan and makes his threats and Tristan just takes it. Siegfried, I think, knows that he can say whatever he feels in anger and Tristan won't go...so he'll always have someone he can vent his anger on...and Tristan knows that he can always hang low for a bit and Siegfried will forget and he won't lose his "happy" home. I couldn't take that kind of "abuse" personally but I think Tristan does things that would provoke that anger. It is a brotherhood that suits each of the boys in their own way.
-Bookworm

0 comments: