Overall did you find Breaking Dawn a satisfying conclusion to the Twilight series? Why or why not?
I did. It took a while honestly. While reading I had to keep walking away from the book. This was something I never had to do with the others. The pregnancy/birth was really hard for me to read. I didn't like the drinking blood stuff and I was so worried about the baby being a horrible baby like the one in the dream at the beginning.
I don't think this one should be considered Young Adult at all. Though this is not Stephenie's fault because she was never writing these books for young adults anyway. She was writing them for her thirty something self and the publishers are the ones that decided what genre to place them in.
I liked the happy ending. I can watch movies that don't always have a happy ending (though I do usually prefer one) but in a book I WANT a happy ending.
I had a few reasons that I did not want Bella to become a vampire before I read this last book. They were 1) I loved Jacob 2) As a mother I wanted her to be able to have kids. Not that it was important to her as much but I wanted her to be able to have that 'normal' life I guess 3) I wanted Charlie to be in her life. I felt so bad for him that he would be all alone again. SO for these reasons alone it ended well for me. Jacob found someone and got over Bella, she had a kid, and Charlie was able to be in her life (thanks Jacob!) so I was glad. I have heard a lot of people say that it has too happy of an ending and I can understand why they think that but I have no problem with that.
It's not supposed to be realistic as I have heard people argue that it is not. I mean, it's about vampires and werewolves.... realistic?
Overall, I liked it. It is not my favorite. That would be Eclipse. But I did like it. I had to take some time to let it settle, think it over but the more I have the more I liked it.
-Annegirl
I ended up really liking it! At first I wasn't sure...just like Annegirl's comments...about the pregnancy thing and drinking blood, etc. But Bella transformed into a disciplined and good vampire and the baby is adorable and Jacob gets his "girl" and Edward and Bella are so in love. Life doesn't always have happy endings and trials are part of every one's life...but to have the ultimate goal in the end of loving and loyal family and friends and a loving marriage and a father and grandfather who adores his little granddaughter, no questions asked, and being able to overcome adversity when there is threat of possible annihilation and to be able to stand strong with those who believe in right and justice...what more could one ask. I am glad that the book ended with those wonderful things in place. They knew there might be further confrontations with the Volturi but love and strength and right and friendship had overcome evil.
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment