Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Favorite Characters

Who are your favorite and least favorite characters?

Fanny and Mr. C.

Of course Fanny was a favorite. I wish she wasn't so timid, but I love her for her outstanding moral character.

Henry Crawford was another favorite, but for completely different reasons! Obviously he isn't the of moral fortitude. But his character brought an excitement to the book. I loved that despite the fact that he was always a total player, he did come to a point of recognizing Fanny's worth and goodness, and it seemed to make a change in him. Unfortunately, he just admired Fanny's goodness and didn't share it!

I liked Edmund for his kindness to Fanny. He is a very human character - basically a good guy, but susceptible to Mary Crawford's charms and influence.

-Sanya the Duck

I agree with your favorites. I felt bad that Fanny didn't stand up for herself and was so timid (she reminded me of Molly from Wives and Daughters in this way) but she was still such a good person.
I found that most of the exciting and most interesting parts of the book were a result of Henry being around.
I like Edmund because he is so kind and so worried about Fanny throughout the book , even before he loved her. He also had high moral character although he did go against his own feelings occasionally. That did make him seem more like a real guy.
I did not like his sister and I think that is partly because she seemed amused by her brother playing with emotions, partly because she seemed to love Edmund but would not have been with him if he followed his chosen profession, and partly because I wasn't certain that her kindness to Fanny wasn't fake.
And my least favorite was of course Mrs. Norris the old babble ax ... (is that how you spell that?)
-Annegirl

1 comments:

The Kings said...

I believe "battle ax" is the word! And yes, she was! My favorite people were Fanny, Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram, and Edward. I also like Susan when she came in to the story.
Bookworm