Meyer suggests that Jacob imprinted on Nessie even before she was born (possibly before she was even conceived), which might explain the bond between Jacob and Bella has always been so strong. What did you think of it?
I'm not sure how he would have imprinted before she was conceived but maybe. I think it explains why Bella was so happy to see him and wanted him around during the pregnancy.
I did wonder why he seemed evasive about his imprinting earlier and loved her so much but maybe he did feel something toward Bella because of what would happen.
I knew he was going to imprint. I thought it was going to be that girl he met at the park and then when it wasn't I was confused. Then he saw Nessie and right then I knew. Then it described it.
Sure it was a little creepy but I was a little creeped out by Quil (was it Quil or Embry- I can't remember) and Claire the 2 year old and so after that was explained a little I was more used to the idea. I'm sure that is why that happened before this book. Also, it's not any creepier than Edward and Bella really because Edward is a 17 yr old in appearance but really a man over 100 yrs old in love with a teenager. So, Jacob won't age as long as he keeps phasing and Nessie will age faster and then stop as well. I think they will pretty much be like Edward and Bella once she gets old enough.
I was glad that Jacob had someone and that it didn't matter about Bella anymore. I think it would be interesting to find out how their relationship evolves as she gets older.
-Annegirl
I don't think Meyer was saying that he imprinted with her before conception. I think she was just saying while she was pregnant and he came to see her, that's why she was always so frustratingly happy to see him. That made sense. I thought it was interesting that he was about to kill her and then he saw her, and there went that plan. It was a great way to keep Jacob in Bella's life in a non-threatening way to her relationship with Edward. It was nice that they could all stay friends. Speaking of friends, Bella's friends (Angela, Ben, etc.) kinda had to drop off the face of the planet in this book, huh? I guess it had to be that way with her altered appearance. I was surprised that Renee wasn't in the book at all after the wedding. Good riddance, though. ;)
-Sanya the Duck
Jacob was afraid of the thing growing inside Bella because it was killing her. But he knew it wasn't right for the Pack under Sam to attack and kill Bella and the thing. So he stood his ground against the pack and ended up honoring his birthright and protecting the Cullens. I don't think he had imprinted with Nessie yet because he didn't know what she was but once he saw her then the imprint was established. He was in love with Bella and wanted to protect her and honor her wishes to save the baby. That love protected and gave him his true love in the end.
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment