Monday, February 16, 2009

Gross

Were you grossed out and glad not to be a vet by page 2? Or would you love doing that for a living?

This is definitely an interesting profession. I haven't finished the book yet but I am enjoying it. Yeah, I don't think I could be a vet - it has opened my eyes as to what they really do! My sister-in-law, Jodi, has lived her entire married life (30 years +) on a working farm and this is one of her favorite books.
-Deenie Bug

Uh...yes. I was grossed out. Again, I'm glad I didn't go into it. I actually loved volunteering at an animal hospital when I was in jr high and didn't mind the surgeries and things but I did not enjoy cleaning out the cages (poop issues I guess) so I wouldn't have done so well with a lot of the stuff he had to do.
-Annegirl

I was grossed out and know I just couldn't be happy doing what Herriot had to do. I think it would be interesting to see a baby animal born but sticking an arm up where the sun doesn't shine....ugh!!
-Bookworm

Totally grossed out. I now that I could not do that but I am glad there are people who enjoy it. I agree that I might like to witness some births but not participate. It would also be so sad to have put an animal to sleep or to accidentally hurt instead of help.
-G-mama

0 comments: