Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bella's mind

After reading this book and finding out that Edward is not the only one that's power does not work on Bella, why do you think this is important? Do you feel that this will hold true if she is bitten?

I thought I would remember, but I need to read them again...I'll get back with you!
-Stampin_Maniac

I have wondered if she would even become a vampire. Maybe she would go through the pain and just end up still a human. I don't know. I have another theory as well about what kind of vamp she would be... since she can't stand blood maybe, even if she changes, she wouldn't be a blood drinker.. But what I'm really hoping is that she has this anti vampire serum running through her veins and if Edward bites her that she goes through the 3 days and is still a human but he goes through the 3 days feeling funny too and comes out a human as well. And then she could change all of the Cullens and they can all live happily ever after!!!
-Annegirl

Now that I'm re-reading New Moon, I notice how often Bella says she's cold. She says it all the time! Then there's a part where she says she could tell she was getting better at hiking, and getting faster. I started to wonder if maybe the little bite James gave her did change her in a way...? What do you think? Obviously Edward's powers didn't work on her right from the start, and I don't know why that is.

I've kind of wondered about Renee's history, if that has anything to do with it. She left Forks so abruptly and never came back. Maybe she has some weird thing going on. She is one character that hasn't been too fully explored. We really don't know much about Charlie either, when it comes down to it.

That WOULD be crazy if Edward bit her, and it changed HIM instead of her... interesting thought Annegirl. I can't wait to find out! (As long as it ends happily for Edward and Bella - and I hope Jacob imprints with someone and leaves Bella alone - sorry Camp Jacob!)

-Sanya the Duck

Haha. I liked your first thought. I hadn't thought of that either... that would be interesting if something had changed in her since that bite. She did say that the scar was always a little colder than the rest of her hand.
Interesting...
I hope that Jacob imprints on someone too... someone who will love him the most.
-Annegirl


Yes, Jacob deserves to be completely loved and adored. He's sweet, fun and funny.
-Sanya the Duck

What good comments! Is it Aro that has no power over her? When they are with the Volturi he tried to see if he could have power over her and didn't. That really surprised him. Don't know why that happened...maybe we'll find out in the future books. (I hope I got the right Volturi character.) I don't think he was used to not having power over everyone else. And now his curiosity is piqued!
-Bookworm

Yeah, it was Aro and Jane. Remember, Jane got Edward to his knees in pain, and Bella didn't even know she was trying to do that to her too. It looks like the people that have power to get into people's minds can't access Bella. Jasper, who can tune in to the emotional atmosphere, CAN effect Bella. Alice can see Bella's future (except when she's with Jacob). So I'm not sure what the differences are between these powers, but I think it's her nutty brain that protects her.
-Sanya the Duck

0 comments: