Bella describes herself as ordinary-looking and clumsy but the name Bella (which means beautiful) and Swan (recalling the story of the ugly duckling) suggest that she will transform. Do you think her metamorphosis takes place entirely in Breaking Dawn or does she begin to transform earlier in the series? What changes do you see in Bella over the course of the series? How does Bella Cullen compare to the Bella Swan we meet in Twilight?
Bella. I'm not sure she really changed before this book. She does become braver I think. Bella Cullen of course changes so much when a vampire. I liked how she was so different on the outside and with her agility but was still the same Bella in her head.
-Annegirl
The big transformation comes when she becomes married to Edward. Because of compromises she makes with Edward she starts to change to a person who sees beyond just what she wants. She has a whole new world open up to her. She marries him and finds out what a joy it is. Then she becomes pregnant, another thing she abhorred, and then her baby becomes more important to her than her life. Then she becomes a vampire and goes through the horrible pain and fear of that and finds that she is stronger than she thought and her family and friends become the dearest thing to her...including Charlie, whom she now adores as a father figure and grandfather. She finds her strengths and finds that she has great restraint and self-control. I think she finds the Bella that had been hidden inside her and becomes strong in all ways instead of being a whiner all the time.
-Bookworm
I like your insight.
-Annegirl
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment