Does Breaking Dawn create any opportunities for a new series featuring some of the Twilight characters? Which ones would you like to see have a continuing story?
Alice and Jasper. There is so much mystery behind Alice, where she came from etc. I think it would be a great adventure for Alice and Jasper to go on a genealogy research trip to find out where she comes from.
-Wendy
I think there are many possibilities.. I think Leah since her story didn't seem to really wrap up. There is the mystery about Embry's dad. I would like to know more about a lot of the other vampires that were brought into the story. I liked the guy Garrett "I'll follow you anywhere woman!" so I'd think that would be fun to continue the story of him and the Denali's. Renesmee and Jacob. I would also love more about Alice and Jasper. I also heard that she would like to delve more into Emmett because he is one of her favorite characters but you don't see that as much in these books. We don't know much about his life before vamplife. There are so many possibilities. She really created a vast and interesting world with these books. Now it will just be a matter of whether she wants to return to it after the backlash from Breaking Dawn haters. That had to have been disheartening.
-Annegirl
What was the issue from the Breaking Dawn haters? I hadn't heard about that. I have heard about the recent issue with the unauthorized release of Twilight from Edwards point of view and that at this point she said that she would not finish it because she is so upset about it.
-Deenie Bug
There were a few things. For one most people had in their mind what they thought would and would not happen in the book and were mad that it didn't end just the way they wanted, there are those who were just disappointed with the lack of a real battle at the end, people not liking the name of the child in it, etc. I have also heard people mad that they thought it was too "adult" after the other books and then I've heard others mad that it didn't have enough smut in it for a wedding and honeymoon. So, basically there have been a lot of people disappointed with the book and with how passionate some of the fans are it made them freak out. Some people returned the books. A lot of people that formerly worshipped Stephenie were talking about how horrible she is. It's just sad. You don't have to love or even like the book but I for one think that it is not really ethical to return a book after reading it because you didn't like it. And I don't like when people are really mean about people like they have been to her. She's had a rough past few weeks I think.
-Annegirl
I would like to see her write more books with these characters...to find out more about them and to have a continuing story. I wasn't sure how I would like these books because I am not in to vampires but I am glad I read them and really liked the last book. It's like "Gone With the Wind"...I wanted the original authoress to live and write the continuing story of her book and what happened to Rhett and Scarlett...not another person's adaptation! Anyway...I would like to read more of Meyer's book about what happened in the past to those we don't know much about and to read more about what happens in the lives of all the cast...and there is the possibility of an eventual battle against the Volturi.
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment