Did you learn anything from reading this book?
yes. I learned that it is good I didn't go into veterinary medicine as I had once hoped to do. No, I think I learned a lot about animals but also about the area he lived in and the way people interacted with each other.
-Annegirl
Yes. I understand a little more of how difficult vet medicine can be. They were on call day and night (sounds like an OBGYN!) and had to work in very harsh conditions so much of the time. Working in the muck certainly would not be my idea of a good time! But it's good somebody is willing to do it! This book made a subject one wouldn't think would be interesting into one that was and Herriot was so good at describing personalities of people and animals.
-Bookworm
I definitely learned a lot about what a vet goes through. It also made me wonder how much things have changed since then. I can't picture people doing many people doing that stuff today. I wonder if vets are still so accommodating. It was always interesting to read about the procedures and so many of them seemed to be hard physical work and hadn't really thought of that before.
-G-mama
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment