Friday, March 13, 2009

Single parent

How do you think Atticus managed his role as a single parent?

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I think Atticus did a good job teaching his kids to be morally sound and just.

He could have taken the threats from Bob Ewell a little more seriously. I am so paranoid that I would have followed my kids around all day and night.

Cheryl said...

I think he did a great job. His kids (especially Scout) were spirited and could get into trouble but they weren't wild mean spirited kids.
They were smart. They were confident.
I loved how he would have Scout sit with him and read.
I do agree with you, Julie, about Bob Ewell though. I would have taken his threats more seriously but I think Atticus really did see the best in people and even though he had been through that trial and knew what kind of man Bob really was he still didn't think he was the kind of man to go after his kids.

The Kings said...

I think he did a really good job. Sometimes I felt he maybe didn't know what his kids were up to all the time...but then it seemed that he always knew. The "eyes in the back of their head" that mothers have! And he always took moments of opportunity to teach his children the differences of right and wrong in situations.

Sanya said...

I loved the way he was with his kids! I love the way that they respect him, and he also respected them enough to be straight with them and not dumb down or filter information.