Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Approvals

What do you think Ani's mother, brothers, and sisters would say if they learned how she saved their kingdom from annihilation? Do you think they would have any regrets? What would her aunt say? Whose approval do you think would be the most important to her? Why?

I would think they would be totally amazed and very grateful that they were saved by someone they thought was weak. They should have regrets, particularly the Queen and brother who got the crown, because of what they did to Ani and the danger they put her in. Her Aunt would be appalled at the Queen! She would want the approval of Geric, Talone, her true friends, and the good people of her new "country".
-Bookworm

I agree with bookworm, I think her family back in Kildenree would be completely dumbfounded to hear what she had done. You would hope that the Queen would feel ashamed for misjudging her daughter so horribly, and she should also feel shame for not helping her daughter in any way to develop her character, essentially keeping her weak. Even after her mother was so horrible to her, I still think Ani would want her approval. She already had her aunt's approval. But I think her whole journey of growing up was to learn to approve of herself and be happy with who she was. She was becoming a person she would be happy to be.
-Sanya the Duck

0 comments: