Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seperation, elevation, delegation

The queen tells Ani that "a crown princess, like a queen, can succeed only by staying apart." Do you agree with the queen's view? What do you think it would be like to live under those expectations? How do you think this affected Ani's ability to make true friends and keep them?

I think Royalty, whether that is a Princess or Queen, etc., can be more effective if they receive respect but are in touch with the people...so I disagree with the Queen. Ani found it hard to live that way because that was not how she was. She wanted friends she could trust and who would like and trust her. Ani was able to make good friends because she became "one of the people". When they found out who she really was they already loved her and respected her even more!
-Bookworm

Exactly. I am sure that in royalty situations you do have to have a little separation in order to be respected and obeyed but the Kingdom of Bayern will profit so much from having a queen that 'knows' them and their needs. If she hadn't been the Goose Girl and become friends with the 'common' people of Bayern she would never have learned these things. Also, when she was leaving her home she had that moment of sadness that she hadn't really gotten to know her brothers and sisters because she had even been separated from them. I find that so sad.
-Annegirl

0 comments: