Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bella's choice

Bella is unique in that she has the choice of remaining human or becoming something other. How does Bella's freedom of choice affect the kind of vampire she becomes? Do you support the other decisions Bella makes in the series?

Well, she did have the choice and made it to become a vampire but in the end she didn't have a choice anymore. I hated that. That was the only thing I didn't really like at all- the violence of Nessie's birth.
I do think though that Bella's mind has always been strong- protecting her even as a human. Obviously we learn more about that with her power in BD but I think it also is what helped her to not be like other newborns. I think her choice at the beginning made her able to be more level headed about it once changed.
I did support a lot of her decisions. Not all the lying.
-Annegirl

She definitely chose to become a vampire and sealed the deal when she married Edward. I think when she chose to keep her baby at all costs, she knew it may come to her d e a t h , but she knew that Edward could save her. I still h a t e d Rosalie in this book. What a selfish g i r l! I h a t e d how she and Bella conspired throughout the pregnancy to keep everyone away. But I was happy with the way it ended up - Bella and Edward got their daughter, Rosalie got a chance to help raise a baby, Jacob got his soul mate (and out of Edward's way!), and Charlie got a darling little grandbaby. All's well that ends well I guess!
-Sanya the Duck

I, too, really disliked Rosalie because I felt like she wanted that baby to raise no matter what the cost to Bella. Bella would have died if Edward hadn't saved her but he wasn't even sure he would be able to do that because she was so torn up. The fact that her life was saved by becoming a vampire was a better scenario for me then if she had just become a vampire. She was given an example by the Cullens of a different kind of Vampire life-style and was able to adapt to that way of thinking before she was changed. So she knew what she wanted to be and had made that decision before. I think that gave her focus and an ability the Cullens didn't have when they first became vampires. They had to evolve. They were also there to protect her and keep her from doing wrong things just in case.
-Bookworm

0 comments: