Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Intentions

Characters' intentions can be revealed through their words, their actions, and the way they treat others. Were there hints of Selia, Ungolad, Talone, Geric, and Enna's intentions throughout the book?

Yes! Selia-mean and deceitful and cruel; Ungolad-cruel, violent, evil, and a murderer; Talone-faithful, true, kind, strong, and courageous; Geric- fun, handsome, and good although when he "couldn't be Ani's friend anymore" I was saddened but wondered if he might be the Prince. Also, at the lake house I was afraid he was going to leave Ani to the cruel intentions and actions of Selia and Ungolad. Thank goodness he and the King went behind the curtain! Enna- in all her actions she became the true friend Ani needed and wanted, she was very courageous, and was hopeful and encouraging.
-Bookworm

The first time I read it I became pretty sure that Ungolad and Selia were up to something when she started acting differently toward Ani on the journey and when they were all having private jokes and conversations.
-Annegirl

Yes, I wondered about Selia when they were still in Kildenree. She was supposedly Ani's best friend, but Ani saw Ungolad touching her arm once in Kildenree, and she had no idea who he was. Wouldn't your best friend tell you EVERYTHING about a guy she liked? Very secretive. You can see by the end of the book that she probably didn't even care for Ungolad - she was just using him as the "muscle" to get her way.
I always trusted Talone because of the way he cared for Ani when she tried to run away as a child.
Geric showed he was honorable by ending his visits with Ani because of his betrothal - even though he didn't choose or love his bride to be, he did the right thing.
-Sanya the Duck

0 comments: