Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The cover

How does the cover art (the red pawn and white queen) relate to the plot?

I know this one. I think it is really cool. It has been my favorite cover of the four. But... I want to see if anyone can guess this as I know it because I saw it on her website.
-Annegirl

I am not sure entirely what the significance of the white and red chess pieces is but my guess is that the white one represents Bella and her family and friends and the red one represents the Volturi. In the prelude to the possible battle Bella has strengths that out-weigh all the strengths of the Volturi and that her shield protects her people and keeps the Volturi from attempting to start the battle before negotiations and evidence can be presented.
-Bookworm

That's a good one. It looks as if there may be no other comments so I'll just tell you. It represents how Bella goes from being the weakest (the pawn) to the strongest.
-Annegirl

Thanks so much for the info! I guess I was sorta right in the comment of how strong she got (her strengths) to protect others. But now I know "the rest of the story"!!
-Bookworm

0 comments: