Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Romance

Discuss the romance between Geric and Ani. How would Geric describe her? Why does their relationship bloom and then wilt? Were you surprised to learn of Geric's true identity or did you see it coming?

They become friends first and enjoy being together. Geric brings the lunch so they can meet and enjoy each other's company. They "fall in love" but Geric must leave for he is betrothed to the "Princess" whom he doesn't love. Because he has put forth the facade of being a guard Ani doesn't know why he has left and "betrayed" their friendship. It was then that I began to believe that there might be more then meets the eye.
-Bookworm

I was pretty sure he was the prince right from the beginning. I was so glad that he was. I love the way they met and how they got to know each other as well as the fact that he did the little scheme at the end because he believed her without proof.
-Annegirl

Surprisingly, I did not see that coming with Geric as the prince! I was trying to figure out how she could convince them who she was without having to marry the little boy prince. So I was very happy with the way it turned out. I loved how they met too - and how he saw her as a lady even when she was just the goose g i r l . When he wrote her the letter, I thought maybe he was hearing the story from the Kildenree people about her being the servant, refusing to serve anymore and running away. I love surprises, so it was fun that I didn't figure out that he was the prince until she put her story forth to the king.
-Sanya the Duck

I finally was able to read "The Goose Girl". Loved it! I did have the feeling that he was the prince. I loved how they got to know each other with all the barriers down - neither one knowing what position they really held. Normally, royalty didn't get to meet until the wedding and that would be difficult under that circumstance to really get to know someone.
-Deenie Bug

0 comments: