Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who should do the saving?

In traditional fairy tales, the main character is often rescued by another person. In this adaptation, Ani is able to save herself by learning to harness her own gifts and by overcoming inadequacies with people. Do you think one type of story is more valuable than the other? Which story would you rather read?

Both are valuable because in life sometimes we are rescued by the "knight in shining armour" and other times it is up to us to make a difference in our lives and others lives. Both types of stories are fun and beneficial.
-Bookworm

I like to read both types of stories, but I feel that books where you have to save yourself are more true to life. I guess there are times when another person can come to your rescue in a big way, and lots of times when others make a difference in your life. But it's important to know that you have the capability to bring about changes in your own life, more so than anyone else. We've all heard the saying that you can't change other people - they can only change themselves. So I think that's an important lesson to take to heart. Just as Ani didn't wait for someone to come along and pull her out of her crisis.
-Sanya the Duck

0 comments: