Sunday, February 15, 2009

Danger

Throughout this novel, Bella often puts herself in danger. Would you characterize these actions as selfish? Why or why not? What impact is she having on Charlie? Jacob? Her friends?

Bella is doing these dangerous things out of anger that Edward left and rebelliousness but mostly because when she did them she could hear Edward's voice telling her not to do what she was doing to do. I think her actions were selfish because she not only put her life in danger but caused so much worry for Charlie...he has been so worried about her anyway. Jacob helps her in some of the things because it gives him time to be with her. Her friends can't figure her out at all.
-Bookworm

I do think they are selfish acts. Although I don't think she would look at them that way. I think sometimes we all get so carried away in our own troubles and personal trials that we don't stop to think how our actions will affect those around us. She just wants Edward back however she has to get him but isn't thinking about what it would do to her parents if something happens to her or what it would do to Jacob if she gets hurt while she is doing something with him.
-Annegirl

0 comments: