Anthony Howell, who plays Roger in the film, describes his character as "an unheroic hero". How does Roger differ from a typical hero? From the other men in the novel? From his brother Osborne? Why is it significant that Roger is a scientist and an explorer? What does this rising star at Cambridge need to learn from Molly?
I loved Roger. He is exactly the kind of hero I would fall in love with if I was a character in that book. He isn't out being dashing and romantic. He quietly stays in the background and lets his parents think that Osborne is the star. He is intelligent. He wants to learn and discover more than go to dances and have tea.
From Molly he needs to learn the true nature of love.
-Annegirl
Exactly! He was a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. Just do those things he loves. Because of the attention and adoration Osborne got from his parents Roger could have been very jealous but he was a good man and tried to be a good friend to Osborne and Molly and a good son to his father. He learned wisdom and love from Molly.
-Bookworm
Exactly!
-Annegirl
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment