Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fact or fiction?

How much of this novel do you think is based on fact?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't know for sure but from what I gathered it is very accurate. CLark did a lot of research. I read that it was published a long time ago and a descendent of Washington's (through Jacky's children obviously) found it and had it re-issued.

The Kings said...

It is very accurate. I have read alot on George Washington and have the mini-series on him from a boy to a man to a General...(which I am watching now when I get a chance)and then his Presidency...and it all was very close in depictions.

CS Fenn said...

It was mainly the interractions with Sally that made me wonder if that was fiction. Like when he was pulling her off the dance floor and Will was there waiting... I wonder what the true story of those two was, and how it became known. Evidently he kept a journal, but I haven't read any research, so I don't know how his crush became known. I wondered about that throughout the book; what was real and what wasn't.