Is Edward a good role model for young men?
I think so. I don't like how quick to temper he is but that's probably part of the vampire in him. My opinion on this comes more into play, however, in Eclipse. I think he gives teenagers a really good role model in that book.
-Annegirl
He is does not get into what is going on with everything with people at school, but he has been through school a million times :0) but he goes and he still does what he needs to do to get good grades. So if you really looked into it, the fact that he goes and keeps learning that is something that we can say is good for young men. But I never though about if he is a good role model. So it got me thinking about it!
-Hare-Bear
No. I don't like how controlling he is, how jealous he gets and how mad he gets sometimes. I think it's great that he comes to school, but I think he might know everything by this point :)
-Stampin_Maniac
That's kind of why I'm team Jacob in most ways! I will say no more until the New Moon and Eclipse forums are up.
-Annegirl
I just can't relate to you team Jacob people! Ha ha! But really, I am amazed when I talk to people who are rooting for Jacob, just because Edward is depicted as being so perfect. --sigh--- he's dreamy! I can see what you're saying about being controlling, but I think he's just trying to protect Bella from herself. And I think Edward's temper and Bella's are about the same. He just has something to back it up with and she doesn't. Wimpy wimpy wimpy.
-Sanya the Duck
That's funny. I did think Edward was perfect the first time around. This was my 4th time reading this book since last November. I still love him. Don't get me wrong. My loving Jacob in no way makes me anti Edward. I looooovvvvveee Edward too.
-Annegirl
Ok. Then I guess we can still be friends. :)
-Sanya the Duck
Only in that he struggles so hard and has a lot of stamina and courage to fight the "fight" he has within! The temper and rudeness he shows to Bella at first had me thinking "leave that guy alone!!". But then I found out what he was dealing with. The recklessness he shows in driving, etc. because "he's immortal" (except from other vampires!) would not be good examples for others to follow.
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment