Do you think Bella is a strong or a weak woman? Is she a good role model for young women?
I still haven't decided about this one. I think she is strong in most ways. I'll get back to you on this....
-Annegirl
Well, this probably is coming from the fact that i have read the other books, but bella drives me nuts!!! She is so unsure of herself and cant make a solid decision. I guess for me a role model is strong and confident, which i don't really see in bella.
-Keddy-Weddy
I know what you mean. I think the fact that she feels so self conscious of herself is part of the 'being relatable' thing. I do think that a really good role model for girls should be confident but most of us aren't all the time. I was thinking a little more about this since yesterday and I think one of the other things I do like about her (as far as being a role model) is the fact that she is smart and does well in school.
-Annegirl
I think that her character is weaker in this book, but I still like her. She is still trying to discover who she is. But she also is very strong in herself. I really like her because she is the outsider when she gets to town and she also does not know Charlie that well, but then comes Edward and all of a sudden she is kind of awakened to things. I think that she is a good role model, she does do well in school and she really does not get into the drama with the other kids at school. She gets told things about the Cullens the first day and instead of going in with that drama, or worrying about what people say when she sits with them.
-Hare-Bear
I think Bella is weak. I do think it comes from low self-esteem and being raised in a house where your mom was center of attention. Bella is a smart girl, which I appreciate. I like the Twilight series, but my favorite characters were not Edward and Bella
-Stampin_Maniac
I like Bella mostly, even though through all the books, I kept thinking how stupid she is! At the same time, I can really relate to her dilemma. I think she has a hard time making important decisions because she cares so much about how they will effect other people in her life - especially her parents. She is a pretty selfless person. But I just read last night that she said (Bella said - in the book) that making the decision is the hardest part for her, but then once she makes it, she just follows through. That's a good quality.
She's also willing to sacrifice for others - moving to Forks for her mom's sake, going alone to James to save her mom and protect the others - she's pretty stubborn once she makes the decision, even if it seems insane and likely to end in her demise.
I like how responsible she is - always doing her homework like she should, cooking for Charlie, shopping, cleaning. That aspect of her totally reminds me of my dear little sister, Keddy Weddy. She was a grown up at age 12 and carried a lot on her shoulders.
So, despite her imperfections, I think Bella is a pretty neat person.
-Sanya the Duck
I agree. Here Here! Bella may me annoying some times and we may want to act different at times but come on! Which of us were not annoying at her age? Well, maybe not Keddy Weddy. I didn't know her then but I'm sure she was as darling as she is now. But, I know I was extremely annoying just because I think of the things I used to say and do and think "Oh my! If I could go back!" And yet, those things made me who I was and that wasn't a bad thing. I think Bella is a very loyal person.... this can come into question with some people. But I think she is.
-Annegirl
She has a bit of both. She tells lies a lot to get out of telling the truth about what is going on with her. That is weak. She seems to be very unsure about herself and how she looks... so doesn't come across as a strong personality. But on the other hand she makes her friends on what she sees and feels...and felt horrible about the possible danger she put her parents in. That shows strength. I guess she is like a lot of us...we have our strengths and weaknesses.
-Bookworm
Yeah, strengths and weaknesses... that's what makes her seem real. If she were perfect the story wouldn't be as interesting!
-Annegirl
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment