Which character do you see yourself in the most?
Elinor Dashwood, Marianne Dashwood, Mrs. Jennings, Charlotte Palmer, Lucy Steele, or Lady Middleton? Discuss your reasons.
I am totally a Marianne Dashwood. I am passionate about everything I am interested in and blase about everything else. When I get an idea in my head I get tunnel vision and I go over the top with it... I think it is called an addictive personality. Good thing I never tried heroin eh? But I like to say I have OCPD- obsessive compulsive planning disorder because it is usually the planning of events and trips and things like this book club that get me obsessed. But yes, I see myself in Marianne more than any other character although there are times when I can be much more serious like Elinor. I am NOTHING like Mrs. Jennings, Charlotte, or Lucy since I'm really not that social. But I do have a little of Lady Middleton in me as I am totally 100% in love with my little Abi and she is my world. I would have been a fan of Lucy too probably if she had played with Abi and told me how wonderful she is.
-Annegirl
I think when you are young and fall in love, you're bound to act pretty stupid. At least I did! When I read about Marianne with Willoughby, it reminded me of how dumb I was at that time in my life. So I guess I relate to Marianne the most as well. But once she lived through it, saw it was a mistake, that it would've been a disaster - then she kind of grew up about it. So now that I've been through it, I can see when someone else is acting ridiculous, and try to steer them the way Elinor tried with Marianne. It's completely pointless though. It's a rite of passage that we all have to get through, some with less stupidity than others! Marianne has some very charming aspects of her personality, like a love and passion for beautiful things, enthusiasm, and deep commitment and loyalty to her loved ones. It's not so bad to relate to her!
-Sanya the Duck
I guess I am most like Elinor...as I am fairly serious about things and try to put on a strong face when things are hard. Also, I try to look out for others. But I do have excitement for life and things I am passionate about like Marianne. I am passionate about my children and grandchildren like Lady Middleton and sometimes a bit silly like Charlotte. But I am definitely not a Lucy who cares only about herself and what she can get out of others to benefit herself
-Bookworm
I'm a complete Elinor. Not to be rude, but Marianne kinda drove me nuts. She was so naive and flirtatious. Don't get me wrong, i can be a romantic, but i guess I'm just more like Elinor in the way that she's more reasonable and doesn't just fall head over heals at the first sight of a handsome dude on a horse.
-Keddy-Weddy
You really are an Elinor! She was a romantic, but she played it cool in front of everyone, instead of laying all the cards out on the table. You never did seem boy crazy to me. I thought you'd be an old maid! Ha ha! Just kidding Ked. You're so sweet and amazingly talented that I knew when you were discovered you'd be off the market. Yay for Mark!
-Keddy-Weddy
Marianne is very passionate and does care very deeply for people she loves. She does speak her mind more often where Elinor tends to keep things inside which can have a downside to that, too. I think I am more like Marianne but I also have a little of Elinor in me, too. Along with Charlotte, who can be silly at times.
-Deenie Bug
Yeah, I was more Marianne as a teenager and I know that if I could go back to when I was 16 and just watch me I would think I was so annoying. I was such a social butterfly and such a flirt... and sooooo hyper. But now I am mostly Marianne when it comes to my passion for things and the fact that she doesn't always want to go to the social functions- as well as her love of literature. But I do have a lot more of that serious Elinor side than I used to.
-Annegirl
I think that I am very much like Marianne. I also very passionate and I care deeply for those that I love. Think that I have a little of Mrs. Jennings in my when it comes to talking. I love a good conversation, but in the end I am very much like Marianne.
Hare_Bear
Got to give Cheryl a compliment and high five for getting this book club started! This has been so much fun to read hers and every one's comments on the book. I am looking forward to seeing the comments on "Alice in Wonderland". Good reading everyone!!
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment