One thing I noticed was how often the Dashwoods and their neighbors were together. It seemed like everyone (in both the country and the city) was always together for meals, parties, etc. Would you like to live in an environment that was that social? Why or why not?
I would hate it. I like my friends and all but I HAVE to have alone time or I will go insane. I do like having friends (and family when we are near them) around for movies and hanging out but it is just not in my nature to want to be around people or talking to people all the time. And I like being in my pajamas too much too. Haha.
-Annegirl
I love going to dinners and parties and Events. In my family I was called the Social Butterfly. My dearest hubby does not like the social stuff, so I have had to bring it down. But that is one positive thing about coming back to church; almost all my social stuff is church related!
-Stampin_Maniac
I did not know that about you. Now it makes sense because you do always seem to make friends easily whenever you move anywhere..... duh. So, it's Brent is it. I guess we have that in common. Doug is way more social than I am!
Although, in high schoool I was in the middle of it all- always wanted to be hanging out with my friends... but that's changed in the last twelve years for some reason..
-Annegirl
In the military after my husband made Officer we had to be part of the social scene and attend all the functions and balls and Wives Club activities. I really enjoyed that and being a part of something so big...but deep down I am a quiet girl who enjoys serenity and time away from "the things of man" (Joe vs. the Volcano"). I love being around my family and my children and their families and doing activities with them! I like being around runners at races and with the sisters in my ward at Church (I have got to know so many so much better because of my calling as R.S. President) ...but little ole' me does so much enjoy my "all by myself" quiet time to ponder, regroup, read, create, and plan.
-Bookworm
I've been known as an anti-social. So i always thought it was so funny when Sir John would be constantly inviting the Dashwoods to things and they would always try to come up with some excuse not to go. I feel like I've done that a lot and it was so funny to me for some reason. But at the same time, i really like doing some things. i love getting dressed up and going to some fancy dinner or whatever. So i think I'm about half way in between.
-Keddy Weddy
I have made excuses sometimes too. Every once in a while someone would want to do something and even though I know it would probably be fun and good to go, I just feel like "I want to be home. I want to read. " or something like that. I found that really funny in the book too.
-Annegirl
I think during that time the social activities were such a focus because people in the country were so far apart and they couldn't just "talk over the back fence" or while the kids were playing. Nowadays, we have so many distractions, and events get so crowded and noisy. I love to stay home in my pajamas, too. In fact, on most Saturdays, when I don't have to work I love to just shower and get back in my jamies and read, scrapbook, tole paint or cross-stitch. My week is so busy that I just want to stay home on Saturdays or evenings. Movies at a theatre aren't so much fun anymore as there are so many people that talk or use their cellphones during a movie - so annoying! It is fun once in a while to get dressed up and go out, too.
However, it is nice to have peace and quiet all to myself :)
***It's fun to "chat" with you all! It's great!***
-Deenie Bug
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment