Did anyone else find the proposals and marriages of Elinor and Marianne to be anti-climatic?
I did. (I mean, obviously, since I started this thread) I think this is also because of seeing the movie first. I just love Edward's proposal in the movie and that it seems that you can see Marianne falling for Col. Brandon. In the book I felt bad that you didn't get to read the actual proposal and that it almost seemed like Marianne just married him because it was wise. But I still loved it.
-Annegirl
Yes, they were almost like an afterthought. I imagine them to be much more dramatic in real life.
-G-Mama
Yes. The marriage proposals in the movie were better, especially Elinors. I would have liked more detail and what happened at the weddings. I am a romantic! To give so much detail in other things and then not so much at the end left one wanting more.
-Bookworm
I felt like she kinda dragged other things out over whole chapters (even though i loved it) and then the most exciting part she just breezes over it. It seems like you are just waiting throughout the entire book for proposals and then it is just stated matter of factly... where's the drama??
-Keddy-Weddy
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment