Sunday, February 15, 2009

Scriptural Significance

What is the significance of the scriptural epigraph (Genesis 2:17) and the cover photo?

I'm going to think about this more but as for now, my first thought is the apple kind of represents the apple from the Garden of Eden and its like that first temptation of good and evil and the vampires have this good side and this evil side that they have to fight with... I don't know, I'll come back with a more eloquent response later.
-Annegirl

The Apple represents the temptation that Eve was offered in the Garden of Eden. In the scriptural reference it states that if they ate the fruit of the Tree they would surely die. Edward represents the Apple and the temptation and if Bella eats of the Apple and becomes "one of them" she will surely "die". That is why Edward does not want Bella to "become one of them"...he does not want her to become what he is.
-Bookworm

0 comments: