Why do you think so many of the Southern men joined the Klan? And why did the women support it?
Why do you think Scarlett was the only one to speak against it?
And why did Rhett bother to help save the men?
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
3 comments:
I have no idea. I wonder if the depiction is completely accurate or just the way it is told in the South.
Was the Klan started at first to protect?
It makes sense with the chaos that was going on. But they sure moved quickly to something beyond protection.
I think that so many men would have joined and women supported because they felt like their world was being taken from them and they were helpless to do anything about it. They felt like this was the only thing they could do.
I think Scarlett was against it because she was smart enough to see that it was only making things worse.
I think Rhett saved the men because he loved Scarlett and was fond of Melanie.
I don't know if there were any other reason.
I think they joined the Klan because they were trying to hang on to their way of life in any way they could. they had lost the war but they were not giving up the fight. They had a lifetime of beliefs and feelings that they could not let go.
The women were quiet because they were quiet about everything and Scarlett spoke up because she always spoke out. She didn't fit the mold. I also think she was not as attached to the old life. Sure she missed the luxury but she was willing to adjust to any political situation as long as she could further her own agenda.
I think Rhett saved the men mostly for Melanie and Scarlett.
The Klan was started as a way for the men to protect their wives and families from the Carpetbaggers, Scalleywags, the military, and the governor and others who were taking away the Southeners freedoms and safety. They felt they had to take the law into their own hands as they were not being protected by any others. Scarlet didn't like it because she thought those involved with it were putting her and her family at risk from retalliation. Rhett helped the men because he didn't want Melanie to lose Ashley.
Post a Comment