Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rhett as a husband

Why do you think that Rhett proposes to Scarlett even though he has repeatedly told her he is not the marrying kind?
Do you think he is a good husband?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

He said he knew he couldn't get her any other way. But I also think he really did love her.
I don't think he was a good husband but I feel like he actually would have been if she had allowed him to be.

Seth and Julie said...

I agree that he loved her and I think he was also very much like Scarlett and when he wanted something he was going to get it. He was not a good husband and I understand why he didn't dare show any sign of weakness in front of Scarlett but one of them needed to cave or they were destined to fall apart.

The Kings said...

He thought he could make Scarlet love him and so asked her to marry him. He gave her everything she wanted to make her happy and buy her love and would have done anything to have her love him...but always felt that Ashley was "at their dinner table and in their bed". And so fought back with words and seeming indifference.