Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feelings

When you finished reading and closed the book how did you feel?

I felt good. I felt disappointed that it was over. I felt like I wanted to immediately read another Austen novel!! It took me a little while to get out of my "Austen ears" as Emily (G-Mama) called them the other day. (We were talking about how it took me a couple of chapters to get into it and she said "to get on your Austen ears" and I thought that was a perfect way to describe getting used to the language.) I really loved this book.
-Annegirl

I enjoy Jane Austen's books so much...Pride and Prejudice being my favorite. But I loved this book (and the movie), too, and it was hard to see it come to an end. However, in these books you really have to concentrate on the wording and the way the sentences are written as one sentence can go on and on and on! But you do get a lot of description of feelings and events and people by focusing on what is written. And it is fun, too!
-Bookworm

0 comments: