Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love

Do you think George loved Sally more than Patsy? Why or why not? If given the chance do you think he would have left her for Sally?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I do not think he loved Sally more. I think he loved them in different ways but I believe that his love with Patsy was much deeper and special. I don't think he would have ever dreamed of choosing Sally over Patsy. He just wasn't that kind of man.(In my opinion)

The Kings said...

He did care for Sally alot...loved her as a very dear friend. I think his feelings for her were like a first love infatuation...and thank goodness they never let it get out of hand. They had morals and were honorable people. Sally loved her husband Will with all her heart. So I think basically it was a very close and dear friendship. When he found Martha (Patsy) his love was deep and forever and she became his life.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I think his little crush on Sally was more of an attraction made even more exciting because it was forbidden... ;) I think she had him twitterpated, but when it came down to it, especially in trying times, it was Martha he wanted and needed. Maybe their relationship wasn't passionate and intense the way he often felt around Sally, but their love was steady and solid. Anything less would've died under the strain of the deaths of their children, war, the stress of public office, etc. They were meant to pull one another through and they did.