Were you surprised to learn that Willoughby's wife Sophia wrote the letter to Marianne? And why did people end letters with etc.?
I was surprised to find out that Sophia wrote the letter. I don't know why she didn't just tell him to do it and approve... I guess she wanted to make sure it left no question in Marianne's mind that he was taken. And why do they end letters with etc?
-Annegirl
I was surprised too. Probably because I saw the movie before I read the book, and it wasn't that way in the movie!
-Sanya the Duck
Yes, I was surprised! I guess that was her way of making sure Willoughby "wrote" the letter, that it got sent, and that Marianne knew she knew! Perhaps the "etc." meant additional good wishes or bad wishes...whatever was intended with the closing of the letter for emphasis!
-Bookworm
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment