Monday, January 11, 2010

Most popular children's book

The Harry Potter series is the most popular children's book series ever written. Why do you think it is so popular? Why do you think adults and kids both like it?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is fun. I think it is written in a way that most adults can read it without feeling like they are reading a children's book. It has characters both young and old that you can relate to and love.

Seth and Julie said...

After I read the first 2 Harry Potter books for the first time I thought, so what? Big deal.

The series took shape for me in the 3rd book. The first two were cute and fun and easy to read, and made me want to go hang out at Hogwarts, which is why I think they appeal to kids.

But from the 3rd book I started to see how creative the whole story was, as everything started to tie together from one book to the next. JK Rowling has such an amazing imagination and I think there are themes and connections in the stories that are complex, and that kids probably miss altogether, while still having fun reading the book.

I will say that I didn't love the end of book 4 and I hated book 5, but I am glad I stuck with the series because books 6 and 7 were great.

The Kings said...

They got kids to read because they were exciting and so interesting. And I must say I have really enjoyed reading them all! Rowling is a fantastic writer. To write books that appeal to all ages is pretty remarkable.