Monday, January 11, 2010

Likeable?

Do you find the characters likable? Would you want to meet the characters?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Not really. I felt bad for Winston and wanted him to succeed but I didn't 'love' him. I really didn't like the girl. It was hard to like anyone in a situation where they are all acting the way they did in that book.

The Kings said...

Can't say that I would!

Seth and Julie said...

They are not really likeable, because no one is. They live in a world where human emotion is no longer considered. I wanted them to make a change, not because I liked them so much, but because I wanted to see someone fight through and triumph. I liked Winston better than Julia, because he was still semi-attached to humanity. He still loved his mom, and even really tried to show real love for Julia. He was almost still human. I think the way the characters were written was amazing, because you did feel that they were without emotion, and therefore could not quite connect with them. Frustrating, but so smart.