Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dearest

Discuss the character of Fauntleroy's mother. Why does he call her "Dearest"? What does she value? What effect do her decisions have on those around her?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

She values goodness and kindness. The fact that she allows Cedric to become the Little Lord Fauntleroy and live in the Castle with the Earl effects everyone because it ends up helping not only the Earl but also the people of the village.
I think she was very sweet. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to do what she did though. I think I would be too selfish and not see the good that could be done by letting him go.

The Kings said...

She was a courageous, pure, caring woman...who loved her son dearly. He loved her the same way and wanted to be the little man and care for her. She was therefore his dearest. The things she lived and taught her little boy helped him become a caring and loving boy...and had the ripple effect of affecting others in very positive and loving ways.