Monday, January 11, 2010

Controversy

Why is 1984 controversial? Why has it been banned?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can understand why it would be considered controversial although I am against any book being banned.
In the beginning of the book when Winston has such violent thoughts during the hate minutes and throughout the book really there were many scenes that were a little graphic.

The Kings said...

I didn't know that it had been banned. Probably people were just scared to death by it's theme.

Seth and Julie said...

Evertying has been banned, it seems. Tarzan and Jane was banned because they weren't married. This book certainly has more controversy than Tarzan and Jane. Ironic that this was banned though. What does that say about our freedoms being violated. Big Brother really is watching.

Cheryl said...

I agree. I remember when Harry Potter first came out there were those radical religious groups burning piles of it because it contained witchcraft. That freaked me out as it brought images of Nazi Germany to my mind.