Sunday, September 19, 2010

life experiences

Are there characters who represent pure good and pure evil? Discuss the ways in which an author shows us a character's true nature. How does a character's life experience shape his or her actions?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

You can tell which are the bad and the good person's just by how they react and treat others. I didn't like Sloan from the first. He wasn't an evil person but treated Eragon very badly and betrayed him, I believe.

Cheryl said...

I don't think there are any "pure" good because all people have the potential to do good or bad in them and I believe it is a choice to do good. I believe this about the evil as well with the exception of the Ra'zac. I think they personify evil. They are horrible.
Most of the other characters, good or bad, have had at least some of the other in their life or the potential for such.

The Royals said...

I believe the shade is pure evil. But I also think that 'good' or 'evil' is a choice that all the characters have a chance to make.