In 1848, Karl Marx wrote in The Communist Manifesto, "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles." Discuss this statement as it applies to the society and government of Panem. Do you believe there is any chance to eradicate class struggles in the future?
3 comments:
I a leader can promote class struggles (the rich despise the poor and vice-versa)he can use that to promote hate and violence and control how people react and treat each other. I think there will always be classes...there are always going to be people living at different levels of society because of life-styles, willingness to work or not, etc. and it would not work to have everybody have the same and be the same! Sadly, many of our leaders and leaders in the past have used this as a tool to cause hate, envy, and strife.
I also beleive that there will be class struggles in the future, but I'm ok with that. If I didn't have an upper class to look up to, how would I ever get better (education, money, etc). I also think that we look at lower classes and try our hardest not to be part of that.
I agree. There will always be different classes because honestly I find it unfair to think everyone should be exactly the same when some people strive to get an education and work really hard and some people go into things with little or no education and still work so hard they find success for themselves and yet others do nothing and expect to have the same results or it's not 'fair'.
However, it is sad when the difference in classes and is used against one another.. like judging someone because they came from a certain 'class' and not giving them an opportunity to rise above it... or turning the differences to hatred.
Post a Comment