Before the Games start, Peeta tells Katniss, "... I want to die as myself... I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I'm not." What does this tell you about Peeta? What does he fear more than death? Is he able to stay true to himself during the Games?
3 comments:
It tells me that he does not want to turn into a monster that loves to kill. He wants to remain the good person he is in spite of what he will have to probably do to survive. He does remain true to himself and to Katniss.
It reminds me of Dad...he had to kill in war but prayed every day that he would not learn to love to kill.
He does stay true to himself. He fears being changed by the capitol more than death.
He has integrity. It is true courage that he fears changing more than death. He is such a good person and I think that is why she is drawn to him and so are the readers.
Post a Comment