Sunday, September 19, 2010

relationships

Describe the relationships of Katniss with Gale, with Prim, with her mother. How do those relationships define her personality? Why does she say about Peeta, "I feel like I owe him something, and I hate owing people."

3 comments:

The Kings said...

She has a very good friend in Gale. They have hunted and helped each other for a long time...while he supports his family and she hers.
She loves her little sister Prim and would do anything for her...which she proves later. She is angry at her Mom because she feels like she quit living when the father was killed and did not take responsibility for Prim and her when she needed too.
Peeta gave her the bread when she so needed it to feed her family and he got a beating from his mother for it. She feels like she owes him and doesn't want to feel that way...and yet knows that that act of kindness saved her.

The Royals said...

I agree with Mom (Marcia) about Gale and Prim. I hate feeling like I owe people, too. I like to be the one to help out and not worry about whether or not I should do something more for someone.

Cheryl said...

Me too guys. I don't like feeling like I owe someone.
I think that is why she is so confused on her feelings for him. She definitely feels something but she always wonders if it is because he is the boy with the bread or not.
I think she and Gale have a best friend relationship but, for me, there was always something missing.
She adores Prim as more of a mother because she had to be mother and sister.