Sunday, September 19, 2010

Responsibility

What does Saphira mean when she says, "It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear. It is our responsibility to the future"? Is this true for everyone?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think so. Most of us don't have the responsibility of saving our entire nation.. but we all have important things to do that can only be done by us.
As a mother it is my responsibility (along with Doug) to take care of our children. It's not always easy. Sometimes it's scary. But that is our 'destiny'. I think we all have talents, life experiences, and challenges that we have to face, regardless of fear.

The Kings said...

They have become partners and have a mission to fulfill in taking down the evil people and the wicked and evil King. They have powers that no one else has and it is up to them, along with Arya, and the Varden (Orik and others) to restore peace to the land. They are afraid but they must do what is required or all will fail.
We all have special things we can do or will need to do that can affect the future. I believe a mothers' biggest responsibility is to rear her children in love and teach good principles and try to mold responsible and honorable children and influence her husband and others she comes in contact with for good. That can make a big difference in our "world" and in the community.

The Royals said...

I agree with both of you. Right now I am in the midst of raising teenagers. I think it is so hard to be a teenager in this day and age. Some things scare me to death, but there is soooo much joy. Especially with the gospel. Alex, Tyler and Matthew are good boys and I get told that from people almost every single day. We go through struggles, but we get through them. Reading scriptures, praying and having FHE helps to keep bad things out of the home.

The Royals said...

I agree with both of you. Right now I am in the midst of raising teenagers. I think it is so hard to be a teenager in this day and age. Some things scare me to death, but there is soooo much joy. Especially with the gospel. Alex, Tyler and Matthew are good boys and I get told that from people almost every single day. We go through struggles, but we get through them. Reading scriptures, praying and having FHE helps to keep bad things out of the home.