Sunday, September 19, 2010

hesitency

The Urgals seem to be completely ruthless, yet Eragon is hesitant to kill them with his magic in chapter 30. Why does he only use his magic to stun them? Why is he so upset when Murtagh kills Torkenbrand, the slave trader?

4 comments:

The Kings said...

I think Eragon hesitates using hi powers against the Urgals...he had to...but it takes so much out of him.
I think he felt Murtagh killed when he didn't need to. He felt mercy should have been extended.

Cheryl said...

Eragon doesn't believe that just because he can kill that he should. He has integrity.

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Royals said...

When he first started his quest he seemed to want revenge. The more he was into it, though, the less revengefull (is that a word?) he became. I think he wanted to show mercy.