Wednesday, October 2, 2013

children

With each of Scarlett's children coming from a different marriage, do you think she treated them differently?
How did having a daughter change Rhett?
Do you think he would have acted the same with a son?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Scarlett did seem to treat her children the same way. It wasn't great but it seemed to be pretty equal.
Rhett showed so much love and pride once bonnie was born. I think he would have adored a son too but I do think it was more with her than it would have been.
I feel like because she was a girl he knew he had to try to ensure so much for her future.

Seth and Julie said...

She didn't show any real affection for any of them. I think she resented the first two and was jealous of the third. I thought she saw all of them as speedbumps in her life and nothing more. I do think she did feel a sense of loyalty and a charge to protect them and provide for them so I suppose she loved them as well as she loved anyone else.

The Kings said...

She loved her children but never really wanted to have any because it ruined her figure and gave more responsibility. She never really took time with them and that is why them loved to be with Mellie more or Rhett because he took time with them. She did work hard to provided for them. Rhett loved his Bonnie...it was the first time he felt that someone really belonged to him, needed him, and loved him.