At the end of the book Scarlett finally realizes that she loves Rhett. He rejects her.
She seems to think that she will be able to win him back.
Do you think she will?
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
A gathering place for readers
3 comments:
I didn't think so. Maybe they would have reconnected later if she had written another book.
But I just don't know.
I just didn't think it was a great love story like others think it was. I don't think it is as much about how they end but how they get there.
I thought about that for days the first time I read this book. She handled it in usual Scarlett fashion and decided she would think it about it tomorrow and usually that meant that she would get up and get to work and figure out a way to conquer so I don't think getting Rhett back was out of the question. But, Rhett was also pretty strong willed and maybe they had just hurt each other too much and what they had was beyond repair? Maybe if she could learn to be vulnerable and to really try to get him back out of love and sacrifice her pride in the attempt, but everything we know about Scarlett shows us that she does not do vulnerable or humble, but I do think that she loved him and that her eyes were finally opened to all that she had given up so maybe?
I don't know. I would love it if at some point Scarlet would change and could show Rhett how much she loved him and his heart would heal but I don't know if it could with all the pain he went through. At the end she was willing to give up wealth and all to be with him. He wanted to get back to the things he was raised with...values, etc. and didn't want to go back to his old way of life. He was ready for change. Too bad the authoress didn't answer that for us!
Post a Comment