Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ellen

Why do you think Scarlett revered her mother so much when she was nothing like her? Do you think she really wanted to be like her mother or just have her approval?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think she wanted to be loved and revered the way her mother was.
But they were fundamentally different and it would have been nearly impossible for her to be just like her mom. I think she could have been if she tried but she would have been miserable and exhausted.
I think she desired her mothers approval over everyone except maybe Ashley.

Seth and Julie said...

I think she could see that her mom was fundamentally good and did not see that in herself. I think the only times she showed conscience was when she would think of Ellen.

The Kings said...

She loved her mother so much and wanted to be like her but just couldn't. I think she had some of her strengths but not her pure kindness for others. But she always held her mother up as a measuring stick of how she should be.