Tuesday, August 16, 2011

True nature

What are some of the other clues about Rebecca's true nature that the author carefully plants along the way?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

That she was always going off and spending time at the cottage or going off sailing and coming back on her own time. The things the boy at the cottage said about her.

Cheryl said...

Exactly. You notice that he seems scared of her and you wonder why she would spend so much time off by herself in the cottage.

Seth and Julie said...

I have read this a handful of times now and seen the movie so I feel like I have always known who Rebecca really was, so the subtle hints seem so obvious to me now. But on the flip side, I will say that even knowing what I know going into this book each new time I am impressed with how the author can still make me feel in certain moments that Rebeccas was perfect and feel the pain of Mrs. DeWinter.